On-line : October, 4th 2021
Lcation : Cergy (Val d'Oise - 95)
Starting date : at the earliest possible date
Permanent contract (Full-time)
The category manager establish a Category Strategy and drive execution of the strategy through interface with Engineering, Component Development, Supplier Quality, and Production
What you'll do
- You shall be the expert within the Category as it relates to technology, supplier roadmaps, competitive price levels and component life cycles.
- You act as Lead Buyer for select global suppliers, you manage the relationship between suppliers and Veoneer, and negotiate contracts and conduct yearly commercial negotiations on part-prices, payment- and delivery terms
- As Lead Buyer, you are responsible for leading the pre-qualification process for potential new suppliers and yearly supplier reviews with existing suppliers
- You lead and ensure timely sourcing of components for local and global programs
- You follow documented strategy and established market and cost break down analysis
- You monitor market trends and frequently review Supply Chain risks
- You maintain plans to assure continuous supply and mitigate risks of impact on Veoneer production sites
What you'll bring
You have a Master degree in Electrical Engineering or Business Administration.
You justify at least 5 years experience in similar role, e.g. category manager or sourcing leader, & 3 years experience in Automotive Industry
You must speak fluently both French AND English because of our team, organization and Customers.
With good negotiation and communication skills, you will know how to organize and execute the work to meet commitments in a global and very dynamic business environment.
Your involvement with the teams, your motivation and your ability to gain the trust of others through your honesty and integrity will allow you to flourish in the position.
You may have to travel worldwide.
What we offer
Veoneer develops cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 11 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.