Update July 2021
Full Time Contract
The Software Line Manager is responsible for managing the SW development team and the design of embedded software work-products ensuring their conformity versus customer needs.
As part of this job, he also champions all software development improvement activities.
She/He is responsible for the deployment of the objectives of the company for his department (policy deployment) and for each subordinate (appraisal review).
What you’ll do:
- Managing his team (recruitment, training, evaluation, evolution, …)
- Allocating the adequate resources (experience, skills, …) for the in-coming projects
- Approving SW work-products provided by his development team: Specification documents, Design documents, ….
- Analyzing project constraints to meet customer requirements in term of cost, quality and timing
- Participating for the choice of technical solutions for new in-coming projects
- Supporting his team for making choice of design solution
- Approving technical solution from his team ensuring that the quality objectives will be reached
- Developing technical knowledge’s and methods to meet customer needs
- Establishing contacts with suppliers to solve technical issues
- Scheduling SW meeting to inform his team about technical topics and company goals
- Participating to SW quality analysis to solve technical problems: FMEA, SFEA, PHA, FTA, …
- Participating to Reply For Quotation making estimations for timings and resources
- Participating to SW improvement activities (CMMi, APS, SPICE…)
- Improving SW standards with the help of SW process engineers
- Participating to the establishment of R&D budget
What you’ll bring:
You come from a Software Engineering High-School (5 years) or Master of computer science, with at least 7 years of experience in the automotive industry or embedded electronics company
Your main skills:
Ability to manage SW engineers within an international context
- Very good skills to manage problems
- Very good knowledge of development methods (SADT, UML, SART, V-Cycle, Iterative cycle, ..) and design constraints of critical real time system
- Real Experience in SW improvement’s activities (CMMi, SPICE, …)
- Very autonomous and motivate
- Very efficient for making decisions
Mandatory : You must have an advanced level in english (read, write, spoken) and be fluent in french.
For GRPD reasons, please use our internal recruitment platform (link in this page) to submit your application.